photo:© christian richters
- vocational school for economics
- and social security, berlin, germany
- design: léon wohlhage wernik
- project management: abdullah motaleb
- client: sentate department of
- urban development, berlin
the extremely impressive, palace-type building of orange bricks, designed and built in 1910 by ludwig hoffmann, was extended as a college. the free-standing old building was extended by an equally self-assertive architecture resembling a sculptural object and the two are connected by a seemingly immaterial glass bridge. the simple mass stands in strong contrast to the complex interior arrangement and volumes of different sizes.